Temperature & Humidity Monitoring for Food Aging
Controlling environmental factors that influence the quality of perishable food products while aging is one of the main challenges of the food industry. Temperature is the main factor affecting quality and safety, but other factors like relative humidity also play an important role in maintaining the quality of food products.
Monitoring and managing environmental factors are key procedures to assure quality throughout the aging process. Temperature fluctuations (high and low) and humidity in the environment will lead to food spoilage and may ultimately affect the health of the consumer. In addition, local, state and federal governing bodies also have specific requirements for food aging that must be met.
Rather than take time away from more important tasks, OneEvent will enhance record keeping and compliance while providing vitally important predictive analytics to alert staff in advance of a potential refrigeration breakdown.
About 48 million people in the U.S. (1 in 6) get sick, 128,000 are hospitalized, and 3,000 die each year from foodborne diseases, according to recent data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This is a significant public health burden that is largely preventable.
The FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) is transforming the nation’s food safety system by shifting the focus from responding to foodborne illness to preventing it. Congress enacted FSMA in response to dramatic changes in the global food system and in our understanding of foodborne illness and its consequences, including the realization that preventable foodborne illness is both a significant public health problem and a threat to the economic well-being of the food system.
According to U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) CFR – Code of Federal Regulations Title 21: All operations in the receiving, inspecting, transporting, segregating, preparing, manufacturing, packaging, and storing of food shall be conducted in accordance with adequate sanitation principles.
The OneEvent® System is an efficient way to maintain the safety of food during the aging process, adhere to any applicable USDA & FDA requirements and help assure consumer health. Plus, with automated record keeping and reporting, time and money are saved by eliminating manual efforts.
Free, No-Obligation Quote
Contact us today for a free, no-obligation customized quote based on your specific needs.
OneEvent delivers patented technology that protects refrigerated inventory through predictive-analytics and is shifting the industry paradigm from reaction to prevention.
- The OneEvent refrigeration monitoring system is wireless and cellular based with WiFi access available
- Wireless sensors provide reliable input 24/7/365
- Secure cellular gateway with battery back-up to assure reliability
- The OneEvent Thermo Heartbeat™displays real-time health report of all the refrigeration units and CAN ACTUALLY PREDICT REFRIGERATION BREAKDOWNS WEEKS IN ADVANCE!
- Receive real-time smartphone alerts when temperature or door open times exceed parameters
- OneEvent’s patented analytics and IoT technology turns your data into actionable information
- Comprehensive dashboard access via any computer or tablet includes average temperature live view, customized reporting, watch list and individual unit make, model and age
- Schedule alerts for NIST certification and calibration
- Historical data storage and exports to replace paper logs
- Meets all CDC requirements with optional VFC compliant system available
- Detailed excursion reporting
Contact us today to learn how OneEvent can help protect what’s most important to you.