Are you obsessed with building large reservoirs for big data, finding efficient methods of processing data, and providing data in a ready-to-use formats? Do your coworkers look to you to solve data wrangling related challenges or issues? OneEvent Technologies was born out of technical know-how and inspiration to bring life safety systems into the modern age. Our solution is a full-featured life safety system, easy to install, and affordable to maintain… for safer families, homes, and businesses.
OneEvent is located in Mount Horeb, WI and is one of the premier companies in the area that are applying new analytics to smoke, CO, humidity, temperature, and water alarms along with occupant sensors to provide building owners with the most important information needed to keep their buildings safer and more comfortable. Our patented software provides continuous, multi-sensor monitoring capabilities and transmits timely information to property owners, preventing or reducing property damage, injury and loss of life during fires and other catastrophic events.
Our ideal candidate is someone who feels they are a data junkie, and can’t walk by a sensor without wondering how much data is being collected and how it’s being structured. Someone who is obsessed with extracting value from data sets, no matter how large, and is great at providing data in ready-to-use formats.
The education, experience, and skills you should have:
- BS or MS Computer Science, and/or Information Management
- 1+ years related work experience
- Experience with Cloud computing and AWS services, ETL tools, SQL, NoSQL, Python, and REST orientated APIs
- C#, Java, Ruby, Spark, and HADOOP experience is preferred but not required.
- Familiarity with messaging protocols (RabbitMQ, Kafka, etc.)
- Familiar with Linux/Ubuntu scripting to automate workflows
- Ability to Set up playground / lab and production environments
What you will do:
You’ll work with a skilled team of data scientists, data analysts and software developers who are defining the future of protecting homes and businesses with sensors. Your interest in sensor data and the management of that data will make you a highly valuable employee. Duties will include:
- Develop Python and SQL code to access data sources
- Integrate data from multiple sources using Python 3.x, SQL, and AWS tools
- Analyze business problems to identify useful data transformations for given business, engineering, or modeling applications and transform the data into those features
- Use Pandas, Python, and other Python libraries for data cleansing, including merging, ordering, aggregation, handling missing data values, and working with date values
- Create various random and non-random data sets for model training, model validation, and other purposes
- Verify calculations and processes
- Statistically validate data within a specific business context
- Integrate data prep steps into a data pipeline for efficient reuse of data wrangling steps
- Fully document data wrangling steps
- Explore and learn new tools, libraries, and languages as needed
- Gather, collect and build reservoirs for related data
- Architect databases and data processing systems
- Develop, test and maintain those systems
- Model processes for analysis and optimization
- Create batch processing or real-time processing of the data
- Create data pipelines to serve up the data through APIs for easy manipulation by data analysts and data scientists
- Suggest improvements to data system architectures for data processing and scaling
- Implement real-time data streaming processes
- Implement batch processing at scale
- Optimize data storage strategy to reduce costs and improve data access time
- Manage and maintain databases including Cassandra, DynamoDB, RedShift, MS SQL, and others
- Implement in-memory data storage for most recent data stores
OneEvent is located in the small Midwest town of Mount Horeb, near Madison, Wisconsin. The preferred candidate would be able to work in office on a daily basis, however we will consider a remote employee who is able to travel to the office on at least a quarterly basis.
We hope you have a passion for the power of visualizing data and might also like the potential of machine learning in the world today. We are at the cutting edge of these fields and are using these techniques to show and predict things in building and structures that has never been done before. You’ll love the feeling of breaking new ground with us.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, life, LTD, 401K, paid vacation, etc. Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred), or by mail to our corporate headquarters at 3925 North Hastings Way, Eau Claire, WI 54703, Attn: Human Resources.
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor