Technical Support Specialist
OneEvent Technologies was born out of technical know-how and inspiration to bring life safety systems into the modern age. OneEvent Technologies works with its partners to develop and deploy a proprietary life safety and prevention system. Our system combines our proprietary developments with present technology to completely leverage the advancements in existing systems. Our solution provides protection for refrigerated inventory including food and life-saving medications and vaccines. We are now looking for a Technical Support Specialist to join our team.
The Technical Support Specialist is responsible for supporting clients with the technical aspects of OneEvent’s products through the entire sales lifecycle including site evaluations, IoT equipment provisioning, installation, and technical support for products in the field. This position works closely with the Sales & Engineering Teams to troubleshoot and report offline hardware and software defects and effectively communicate field related concerns and issues to the product development team. This is an on-site position and will work out of our office in Mount Horeb, WI.
What You’ll Do
- Meet with customers and third-party installers to solve customer concerns and issues. Be prepared to communicate equipment capabilities and offer preliminary installation suggestions and plans.
- Assist with performing technical site assessment including the development of installation plans, naming conventions and sensor needs.
- Assist with the technical evaluation of the site including cellular strength, gateway locations, DC power cable lengths, radio frequency challenges, and sensor installation issues. Provision and ship equipment to customer.
- Assist with the development of the site assessment guide, provisioning plan, price quote, lead times, sales order, and installation estimates including installation time and travel time.
- Work with sales team to gain plan approval and identify and schedule installation if needed.
- Train dealers and third-party installation network on proper placement, health and troubleshooting aspects of wireless environmental sensors.
- Perform all installation quality checks and system test after the installation is complete and train customers in the use of the OneEvent app and associated dashboards.
- Responsible for responding to customer technical issues including correct sensor and gateway operation, mobile app, and dashboard issues.
- Communicate customer and installer feedback regarding system performance, and improvements of the OneEvent system and associated dashboards.
- Develop methods to improve installation and system behavior to meet customer expectations.
- Support the sales team as a critical point of contact for clients, answering queries, providing technical advice and introducing new products and capabilities.
- Perform inventory counts as needed.
- Create and document Standard Operating Procedures to align with customer and company needs.
What You Will Bring
- Technical background preferred
- Associate degree or equivalent work experience
- Technical Support experience is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Organized with high attention to detail
- Microsoft office skills including Outlook, basic Excel and Microsoft Word
- Ability to climb ladders and general knowledge of various tool use
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule when needed
- Work may require occasional travel to current and potential client locations.
- Work requires the possession of a valid state driver’s license.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic work environment
This position is eligible for our excellent benefits package, including a competitive wage, health, dental, vision, & life insurance, 401K with match, paid vacation, holidays, and sick time.
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred), or by mail to our corporate headquarters at 3925 North Hastings Way, Eau Claire, WI 54703, Attn: Human Resources.